Thursday, October 28, 2010

Happy Boyd-day

Boyd (and Tsotsi)
Boyd with his most constant companion, Tsotsi

Today, the wonderful chimpanzee Boyd is turning 32 years old! He's been living at Monarto Zoo since August 2009 and is a really great chimp. He's a lot more mature and experienced than the other lads and spends a lot of time grooming or being groomed by Tsotsi.

The handsome birthday boy

To celebrate Boyd's birthday I became a member of 'Save the Chimps' in order to help other chimpanzees who have not had as pleasant lives as Boyd and the others. In the future I'm going to make donations to celebrate the birthdays of all the Monarto chimps. Please take a look at their website to find out more about the amazing work they do. http://www.savethechimps.org/

I was going to visit the chimps today as it's Boyd's birthday, but I'm saving my bus ticket money so I can visit more times once the lady chimps are at the zoo early next month. I think four new girlfriends is a pretty good birthday present for Boyd to be getting!

No comments:

Post a Comment