I'm preparing for my first cage-sit early next month to raise money for Save the Chimps. My goal is to eventually raise $1300- that's enough to feed one ex-lab chimp for a whole year! In the cage-sit, I will spend 24 hours in a space the size of the smallest legal laboratory chimpanzee cage. It's a great way of highlighting what these chimps go through.
Olivia Helman and Aubrey M. Curl have successfully held two cage-sits. Check out their blog to read all about it! http://www.change4chimps.blogspot.com/
I'm planning to sell artwork on the day of the cage-sit as well, that's what the half-completed chimp painting up the top is for. I will probably be selling it on ebay (with at least one other piece). I will keep you posted!
Sunday, July 17, 2011
Fundraiser for Save the Chimps
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hey amy, so cool you are doing this 2!!! i like your painting. did you do that?
ReplyDelete