Hi, I haven't posted much gorilla related yet (or bonobos either, I'm not very knowledgeable about bonobos at the moment, I would love to be able to visit and watch some one day) so I'm posting a few gorilla photos because they are such beautiful animals.
Gorillas are under threat of extinction because of deforestation, the bushmeat trade and disease. To find out how you can help please visit the website of Ape Action Africa- http://www.apeactionafrica.org/ or the Gorilla Organization- http://www.gorillas.org/
Luckily for gorillas, they are used less in entertainment than orangutans and chimpanzees because they are so large and highly prized in zoo collections. They are also not used in biomedical laboratories the way chimps are.
Fuzu, a young male who lives at Taronga Zoo, Sydney
Female gorilla Safiri when she was staying at Adelaide Zoo in 2007. She has since moved to Duisburg Zoo, Germany where she's had her first baby
This is Bobby who sadly passed away in late 2008. He was only in his 20s when he died but had much happen to him in his short life, being stolen from the wild, used in the circus before living in several zoos. Bobby lived his last days with three females Zaire, Effie and Mjukuu.
No comments:
Post a Comment