Thursday, September 2, 2010

I'm rather excited

I've just organised with the very lovely keepers at Monarto Zoo to spend the a day assisting the chimpanzee keepers as I wasn't able to go on the primate round when I was there on work experience last year! (That was due to my work experience being on the week that Gombe and Boyd arrived from NZ). I'll be spending the day with the chimp keepers on Tuesday the 14th of September and I cannot wait! I've also been told that Gombe is feeling a lot better. :)
 Up until then I will be quite busy, this weekend I will be helping out at the Free the Bears booth at the Royal Adelaide Show (visit http://www.freethebears.org.au/ to check out the amazing work they do!) and am also going to be working on a large chimpanzee themed work of art for school.

Sandali
Sandali

I'm planning on doing a fundraiser for Ape Action Africa (formerly CWAF)  later in the year, I'm not entirely sure what it will involve but I would recommend their website to have a look at their work with primates in Cameroon. (http://www.apeactionafrica.org/)

Hebe
My adopted chimp Hebe at Monkey World, UK

No comments:

Post a Comment