Thursday, January 6, 2011

New Years Day- Chimp Style

Zwala
Zwala

On the 1st of January I went with my mum to Monarto Zoo and as usual I spent most of the time watching the chimpanzees. A feeding toy had been put out in the enclosure and it was very popular with the chimps, especially the boys and little Zwala. When it started to rain, most of the chimps ran indoors but Zwala stuck it out and continued going trying to get food out.

Gombe,Tsotsi, Sandali, Zwala and Boyd
Zwala and the boys

I also brought a bag of New Years presents for all the chimps. I gave them some blankets, a large sheet, magazines with peanut butter and seeds hidden inside and a few other things.
New Years presents for the chimps

I'm still raising money to sponsor Roady's migration to sanctuary in Florida. Please donate, it would make a huge difference for a chimpanzee who has suffered so much for our benefit. Any donation, however small or large, will be greatly appreciated. http://www.firstgiving.com/freedomforlabchimps

Zombi
Zombi

No comments:

Post a Comment