Gombe
Happy Christmas everyone! Please think of all the apes and other animals who can benefit from your generosity during the festive season. I hope the new lady chimps at Monarto Zoo enjoy the warm weather in their first Australian Christmas. xx
I think a great idea for a Christmas present is an ape 'adoption', which are offered by many sanctuaries. I made an adoption donation for Christmas to Monkey World Ape Rescue Centre. This is my beautiful new adoptee, Cherri-
Cherri
She's had a bit of a rough life. Cherri was born in the wild and probably saw her mother killed. She was then shipped to Spain where she was used as a photographer's prop. She arrived at Monkey World at less than two years old and had already suffered a broken jaw from the terrible treatment she recieved. Nowadays, Cherri is a respected dominant female in a large community. She's had two infants who she sadly didn't know how to look after properly, Pip, who sadly passed away at the age of only 7, and Seamus.
Visit http://www.monkeyworld.org/ if you are interested in adopting one of their chimps!
No comments:
Post a Comment